Monday, December 20, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things (Indy Edition)

Since moving to Indianapolis about a month ago, I’ve faced challenges and blessings. This blog is about the blessings. One thing I love about being here is being able to spend more time with my little nephews (TECHNICALLY they are my cousins once removed, but since their mom is practically my sister ANYWAY, they shall henceforth be referred to as my nephews). A few weeks ago I babysat them for a couple days, and considering the fact that I ABHOR babysitting (as those of you who know me are certainly aware), this fact alone says volumes about how exceptional these little guys are to my heart. Please observe the following pictures and appreciate the preciousness. :)










Another fun aspect of my life since moving is the weather. Perhaps the novelty will soon wear off, but for now it is still exciting every time white lace begins to trickle down from the clouds and settle over the landscape. And thanks to my cousin/friend Sarah (technically my cousins’ cousin, although we’ve adopted each other as family), I had the euphoric experience of building my very first snowman! Okay… it wasn’t exactly euphoric, and it was actually more like a snow-lady-midget, but it was still pretty fun for a girl who grew up building sandcastles and catching lizards in the tropics. Here is our work:


Other highlights have included finding a church that myself, Sarah, and the bf all like, the discovery of dairy-free pizza, mac n cheese, and chocolate, an amazing Indian restaurant, and landing an interview with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra’s Patron Services department (pray that one up!). Now all I need is employment, and we’ll be in good shape. :)

Bring on the holidays!

1 comment:

  1. omg- the cuteness! I can't STAND the CUTENESS!!!!! AAAAAAAAA somehow they seem much cuter when seen in someone else's pics :) They know you as "Aunt Joanna" so I guess you can call yourself that and feel good about it :) Love you, sis!

    ReplyDelete